1984

 
The Rift Walker (Vampire Empire, #2)

1984 by George Orwell
Pub­lisher: Signet Classics
Pages: 326 (Paperback)
Series: -
Pub­li­ca­tion date: July 1950


Celebrate the 60th anniversary of Orwell’s masterpiece 1984

Written in 1948, 1984 was George Orwell’s chilling prophecy about the future. And while 1984 has come and gone, Orwell’s narrative is timelier than ever. 1984 presents a startling and haunting vision of the world, so powerful that it is completely convincing from start to finish. No one can deny the power of this novel, its hold on the imaginations of multiple generations of readers, or the resiliency of its admonitions—a legacy that seems only to grow with the passage of time.

WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
This was an interesting book. I guess this is the best way to put it. I loved the environment Orwell created; I’m a sucker for dark post-apocalyptic-type landscapes. The thing that made me read this was the fact that I loved the movie “V for Vendetta”, and since the book inspired the movie I gave it a try.

Now I can’t really say much about it because it’s one of those books what made me be a bit numb but overall it was good. Not epic, but good. I’m a more action type and this was mostly passive, focusing on the mind more than the hero being all shiny and great. Winston isn’t like that. At all. He’s more of a thinker. My problem with him is not really doing anything about it (not that there is much to do, the society Orwell created is a bitch).

So I really can’t consider this one of my favorite books, and don’t get me wrong it wasn’t that bad, but it simply wasn’t my style.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...