Dream Chaser (Dark-Hunter, #14)

 
The Rift Walker (Vampire Empire, #2)

Dream Chaser by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Pub­lisher: St. Martin's Press
Pages: Paperback, 359 pages
Series: Dark-Hunter Universe
Pub­li­ca­tion date: February 5th 2008


Hades doesn’t often give second chances...

Xypher has one month on Earth to redeem himself through one good deed or be condemned to eternal torture in Tartarus. But redemption means little to a demigod who only wants vengeance on the one who caused his downfall.

Until one day in a cemetery...

Simone Dubois is a medical examiner with a real knack for the job. Those who are wrongfully killed appear to her and help her find the evidence the police need to convict their killers. But when a man appears and tells her that she’s more than just a psychic, she’s convinced he’s insane.

Now the fate of the world hangs in her hands...

It was bad enough when just the dead relied on her. Now’s there’s the seductive Dream-Hunter Xypher who needs Simone’s help in opening a portal to the Atlantean hell realm to fight insatiable demons. The future of mankind is at stake—and so is her life. The only question now is: Who is the bigger threat: the demons out to kill her, or the man who has left her forever changed?

Why did I get the impression that Simone was playing a bit of Ghost Whisperer in this book? All the talking to ghosts and helping them cross over was way too similar to this show. Anyways, moving on… This was a decent book, nothing spectacular happening in it. Badass hero meets heroine, he’s an asshole to her but eventually he gets soft and they end up together. Love conquers and all that crap. Ok. I don’t mind this if the characters and story itself are interesting. This was mediocre.

Now, I will like to add some comments. First of all where can I buy a few pairs of those bracelets? I have some people who aren’t on my bright side right now. Second, I really liked Julian in this book, all mature and helping them. The author should focus more on the Hunters, make them similar to BDB (google it if you don’t know what it is). Third, hot guys in goth clothes are my new weakness (irrelevant, but I had to let it out). Fourth, Jesse was cute, I wouldn’t mind having a pet ghost scaring my neighbors and doing my chores. Aaaand fifth, I really liked Jaden. He’s one tough SOB so I hope there’s a book about him out there.

To end this little review or whatever this is, I will add the following quote:

“Tate cursed. "So then how do we track and kill this thing
Xypher's expression was one of pure evil. "You don't. It tracks and kills you."
In Soviet Russia bike rides you! - I’m sorry, but I couldn’t help myself.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...