Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood #9)


Payne, twin sister of Vishous, is cut from the same dark, seductive cloth as her brother. Imprisoned for eons by their mother, the Scribe Virgin, she finally frees herself-only to face a devastating injury. Manuel Manello, M.D., is drafted by the Brotherhood to save her as only he can-but when the human surgeon and the vampire warrior meet, their two worlds collide in the face of their undeniable passion. With so much working against them, can love prove stronger than the birthright and the biology that separates them?

image5

book review50

Wow, I feel like I’m out of words… I was expecting something great, got something amazing. This series keeps getting better and better!!!

First of all I have to comment about the characters. Each chapter felt like Christmas, bringing more of them into the spotlight; I really loved this. Something that bothered me was the fact that I felt like Payne and Manuel’s story was a bit too brief. The ending was sweet but it left me asking too many questions. I’m sure though we’ll get another window into their lives in the coming book.

Now we go to the good part: Vishous. I have no idea how this male could be so delicious. He actually got me drooling over my reader after his hot and steamy scenes throughout the book. Manuel (I hate calling him Manny – it sounds lame) was also great. I hated him in the previous books but now Ward actually showed his real personality. He is such a lovely guy. Plus he loves Slipknot so he’s on my team :p

Payne was a sweetheart. I was having some bad thoughts about her before reading the book. Thought maybe she’ll be a bitch or something but eventually she turned out into someone worth admiring. I rarely find a heroine who’s cool like this.

My main problem is the fact that it ended! Silly, I know, but I can’t help it. I’m addicted to this series. I’m also curious who will be the main characters in the next one and when it will be out. Surely next year so BOO to that :(

I guess I’ll stop here with the review, I hate spoiling the book. If you’re having second thoughts about buying this rumple them up and toss them in the bin. This is a must-read for all the PNR fans out there.

 
Final Score: *****

fav

Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward
Paranormal Romance 
March 29th 2011
Series list

Dark Lover (#1)

Lover Eternal (#2)

Lover Awakened (#3)

Lover Revealed (#4)

Lover Unbound (#5)

Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1)

Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2)

Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)

Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4)

Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5)

         

Lover Enshrined (#6)

Lover Avenged (#7)

Lover Mine (#8)

Lover Unleashed (#9)

Lover Reborn (#10)

Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6)

Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7)

Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8)

Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9)

Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)


Author’s Website

Buy it at Amazon


Pay me a visit

t2 f2 g2 da2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...