Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter #1)


Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux knows she's the best—but she doesn't know if she's good enough for this job. Hired by the dangerously beautiful Archangel Raphael, a being so lethal that no mortal wants his attention, only one thing is clear—failure is not an option...even if the task is impossible.

Because this time, it's not a wayward vamp she has to track. It's an archangel gone bad.

The job will put Elena in the midst of a killing spree like no other…and pull her to the razor's edge of passion. Even if the hunt doesn't destroy her, succumbing to Raphael's seductive touch just may. For when archangels play, mortals break…

image5

book review50

Wow… even now I’m short on words. This may be the best book, and I mean THE best book, I’ve ever read. Nalini Singh landed on the first position in my top favorite authors because of this. I will start by saying that I love her writing style. She’s got some serious talent going on. And speaking of talent, I doubt any author can compete with her skills of creating spectacular characters. If you think about Raphael, Elena, Dmitri, Illium, Venom, Ransom, Sara, Michaela, Uram… Oh wait! That’s actually counting almost all of them, right? Proves my point! This is something you don’t find in many books these days.

Oh, just to make sure the girls got things right, I made a little image. Pay attention!

dividing-the-prey8

Ooook, now I’m done with that. Where was I? Oh yes… Usually I would take a bit of time to get used to the universe the author creates, especially in the first book of a series. Angels' Blood doesn’t even come near this. It caught me since chapter one and threw me into the rollercoaster that the story was. A wild, dangerous ride that made me have the time of my life.

If you check figure 1, you will see… yeah I can use my heart rate in this case. So yes, you can see my heart rate reaction according to certain chapters. A fine experiment I might say!

chapters8

BOOM! I might be dead! But don’t be too happy… I ain’t dead yet! I still get to stress you with my reviews. *evil smile*

I said it before, and I will say it again. It’s really difficult for me to get to like heroines, especially since most of them end up being either stupid or annoying. Elena may possibly be the perfect heroine. No annoying moments whatsoever, she has a death-wish and still manages to look brave even though she’s close to soiling her pants (eeeh? I’m nice… not using bad words… not for Elena *giggles*) aaand, the best thing of all, she managed to tame the wild, deadly beast that is Raphael. This brings us to the next matter of hand. Maestro – the music!

*dramatic music*

The Archangel, Master of New York, badass extraordinaire, slayer of (arch)angels and sire of vampires, and my favorite boy-toy – Raphael. I must admit that he scares me. For real, seeing how cruel he was surprised me. Yeah I expected a brute or maybe a cruel, calculating bastard but still. A lil’ tiny-winy bit of heart? The answer? No… No heart whatsoever. He is one of the best heroes in my opinion. You know my weak spot for villains who turn good, well he perfectly fits that. You can’t really tell if he will tear out your heart (with his bare hands of course – we got a sample of that) for just looking at him wrong or just slash your throat, if he’s having a good day. How can you not love that?!?! And the chemistry he had with Elena (even though he was close to killing her many times) was simply phenomenal!

raphael-personality7

I can’t really comment much about the story without spoiling it so I will stop my review here. If you haven’t read this book then get your ass to Amazon, the bookstore or wherever the hell you get your books from and grab it. You can’t say you’re a PNR fan if you haven’t read this. Now I can’t wait to start reading next one. Too bad it spoiled the surprise because of the cover. Dammit!!!

a-general-conclusion7

Since I’m, as they say, a quote-monster, I will try not to paste the entire book here. Yeah.. This was a tough one for quotes. Sadly from now on I will make a top 5 quote list.

*people cry in the background*

Ah cmoooon, no need to cry. This will be more fun, I promise!

So here iiiiiis *dramatic music – AGAIN* the very first top 5 quotes for Nalini Singh’s Angel’s Blood!

*applause*

 

Top 5 quotes

5 - “You ask a lot of questions for a dead woman.”
“What can I say? I prefer to die well-informed.” (Elena)

4 - Sara held up a hand. “How, exactly, did you ‘decline’ his offer?”
“By slitting his throat.” (Elena)

3 - “Are you saying you shot me as a cosmetic procedure?” (Raphael)

2 - “I’ll kill you in tiny, tiny bites if you’ve harmed him.” He hung up.
“Dmitri’s on his way,” she told Raphael, as the cell phone slid out of her bloody hand. “I don’t think he thinks very highly of me.”

1 - “I can smell blood, Elena,” Dmitri drawled, walking back into the room. “Are you trying to flirt?”

 
Final Score: *****

fav

Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh
Urban Fantasy 
March 3rd 2009
Series list

Angels' Blood (#1)

Archangel's Kiss (#2)

Archangel's Consort (#3)

Archangel's Blade (#4)

Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)

Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2)

Archangel's Consort  (Guild Hunter, #3)

Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)

 

Author’s Website

Buy it at Amazon


Pay me a visit

t2 f2 g2 da2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...