Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark #9)

 
The Rift Walker (Vampire Empire, #2)

Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole
Pub­lisher: Pocket
Pages: Paperback, 431 pages
Series: Immortals After Dark
Pub­li­ca­tion date: February 16th 2010


A DANGEROUS BEAUTY ...

Lucia the Huntress: as mysterious as she is exquisite, she harbors secrets that threaten to destroy her --- and those she loves.

AN UNCONTROLLABLE NEED ...

Garreth MacRieve, Prince of the Lykae: the brutal Highland warrior who burns to finally claim this maddeningly sensual creature as his own.

THAT LEAD TO A PLEASURE SO WICKED ...

From the shadows, Garreth has long watched over Lucia. Now, the only way to keep the proud huntress safe from harm is to convince her to accept him as her guardian. To do this, Garreth will ruthlessly exploit Lucia's greatest weakness --- her wanton desire for him.

Wow, I just finished this and I am still staring into nothingness because of it. I may say that this exceeded Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night. Or not! I don’t know, maybe they’re tied… Can’t make up my mind, I already have so many books from this series between my favorites so I find it difficult to set up a top five list. Maybe one day I will have the strength needed to do this difficult task!

I was hooked since the beginning of this book. I mean hello! Immortal rugby – HOT! I would give anything to attend something like that. I didn’t know much about Garreth except for the obvious Lykae traits and what I remembered from A Hunger Like No Other. Scrap that! What I barely remembered from A Hunger Like No Other… yeah my memory sucks, I’m getting old, blah blah blah. But the thing about this Scot is that he lacks the whole caveman attitude, which made me instantly fall in love with him. I must admit that I was expecting another kidnap-molest-seduce-love scenario so the change of air was an asset to the story. He is a level-headed, patient and intelligent person. A true prince if you ask me.

clip_image00210

Lucia was also a great character. I guess it’s tricky creating a heroine that gives the hero hard time but still doesn’t make you hate her. Kresley Cole followed this very well. She was tough and even cold hearted at times and yet I didn’t hate her. Also, her love for Regin was something really sweet. I thought these two were close but not THAT close. They have a really nice relationship between them.

Seeing that the story takes place in the Amazon made me wonder just how much action will I get out of this. I appreciate a hot story with some good action scenes and moments where you stop breathing and put your reading into hyper-speed so that you find out what happens next. This book was full of them. I felt like a junkie while reading to tell you the truth. It was awesome! Exactly what I expect from a good paranormal romance book.

My only problem was the epilogue. What the hell was that all about? It was a nice way to get you all worked up about the upcoming books but come on! That was just cruel! But still awesome!! Can’t wait to get my hands on the next book. Carrow and some guy I don’t know named Malkom. Interesting enough.

Now the conclusion: an amazing book full of emotional moments that will keep you on the edge and show you that true love does exist. Worth every second of my time!

Here are some quotes that caught my attention:

She’d been born for him. And I was born to find her…

“You doona want to kill me, which is a good sign. Maybe this is your way of flirting?” (Garreth)

“I’d bet the leeches are looking for me. Because I glow and I’m wicked smart. They probably want to breed with me.” (Regin)

“Ship, lady. This here’s a ship,” he said defensively, as if she’d told him, “Your penis: I find it minuscule.”

“I’ll do this to you till there’s something to take the place of your vows—until you see the two of us together as your religion.” (Garreth)

“And what about the piranhas?”
“I doubt the fishies’ll snack on anything critical.” He leaned in to murmur at her ear, “They only go for small prey.”

“Damiãno is hot,” Lucia murmured, then realized she’d spoken aloud. “And by that, I mean, I respect his mind.”

“Please put your penises away, gentlemen. Dinner is procured. By a woman.” (Lucia)

“Bluidy hell. Charlie’s seen my woman naked,” he said in a surly tone. “I almost liked him better when I thought he was a machete murderer.”

“Nothing good ever came easy.” (Garreth)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...