Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars #6)


Annabelle is tired of being the lone failure in a family of overachievers. She's endured dead-end jobs and a broken engagement. Even her hair's a mess! But that's going to change now that she's taken over her late grandmother's matchmaking business. All Annabelle has to do is land the Windy City's hottest bachelor as her client, and she'll be the most sought-after matchmaker in town. Nothing is going to stand in her way -- not the drunk lying comatose under her car, not her family's disapproval, and certainly not the lingering effects of a broken heart.

With his money green eyes and calculated charm, Heath Champion is the best sports agent in the country. He's wealthy, driven, and gorgeous, so why does he need a matchmaker, especially a red-haired screw-up like Annabelle Granger? True, she's entertaining, and she does have a certain quirky appeal. But Heath is searching for the ultimate symbol of his success -- the perfect wife. And to make an extraordinary match, he needs an extraordinary matchmaker, right?

Thin, rich, utterly fabulous Portia Powers has spent her career making matches for everyone but herself. Her take-no-prisoners attitude has built Power Matches into the top matchmaking agency in Chicago. So what if she has more enemies than friends and she's one breath away from a nervous breakdown? Neither an upstart like Annabelle Granger nor Heath Champion's menacing, but oddly intriguing, bodyguard, will keep her from getting what she wants -- a Power Match for Heath ... the city's very own Jerry Maguire.

Soon everyone in Chicago has a stake in the outcome, right down to Annabelle's overprotective book club. When the matchmaker promises she'll do anything to keep her star client happy ... does she mean anything? If Annabelle isn't careful, she just might find herself going heart-to-heart with the toughest negotiator in town -- a man who's beginning to ask himself: Exactly how perfect does perfect have to be?

image53

book review50

Another amazing story brought to us by the lovely Susan Elizabeth Phillips who, as far as my reading status, doesn’t disappoint.

This was such a great book for me because I fell in love with the characters since page one. The main and secondary ones were really well built, their relationships weren’t the best ones and this made the ending even more splendid. Annabelle was a cutie, I just loved her. The way she evolved throughout the book impressed me and I felt happy when things got settled between her and Mr. Snake.

Heath… well Mr. Snake… it may be wrong, or maybe it’s not, I don’t know for sure, but I simply worshiped the guy. I mean he was an asshole and all but he just knows what he wants from life…. Right? Or maybe he doesn’t… the lesson here is: stop searching for a unicorn and jump on the stallion. Simple as that. Too bad it took too long for him to see this but it made things more fun. Maybe I loved the guy because in some things he was similar to me. Especially in his reactions/attitude towards kids. Scary creatures… but in the end lil’ Pippi won my heart… Gah I’m weak I know!!! Shame on me…

Portia and Bodie were great. They had many funny and also emotional moments where I was having my aaaawwww face spread all over the place… weak weak weak lil’ me… I’m a sucker for these things. And speaking of funny moments I couldn’t help myself from doing another “comic” for one of my favorite scenes in the book. Enjoy!

lol6

Top 5 quotes

#5 Annabelle gazed wistfully toward the doorway. “If I could put my brain in her body, the world would be mine for the taking.”

#4 He smiled. “You are one beautiful bitch.”
“Thank you.”

#3 "We’re only human.”
“One of us, anyway. The other’s a reptile.”
“Harsh, Annabelle. Very harsh.”

#2 “The question is… How did a girl like Annabelle manage to talk a man like you into joining our silly little family party?”
Annabelle smiled sweetly. “I promised he could tie me up afterward and spank me.”

#1 Something brushed his leg, and he gazed down into the face of Pippi Tucker. The theme from Jaws raced through his head.

 
Final Score: *****

fav

Match Me If You Can by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Contemporary Romance 
September 1st 2006

Series list

It Had to Be You (#1)

Heaven, Texas (#2)

Nobody's Baby But Mine (#3)

Dream a Little Dream (#4)

This Heart of Mine (#5)

It Had to Be You (Chicago Stars, #1)

Heaven, Texas (Chicago Stars, #2)

Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars, #3)

Dream a Little Dream (Chicago Stars, #4)

This Heart of Mine (Chicago Stars, #5)

Match Me If You Can (#6)

Natural Born Charmer (#7)

     
Match Me If You Can (Chicago Stars, #6) Natural Born Charmer (Chicago Stars, #7)      

Author’s Website

Buy it at Amazon


Currently Reading Next Stop
Beg For Mercy (Trilogy, #1)The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2)Darkfever (Fever, #1)One Silent Night (Dark-Hunter, #16)

Pay me a visit

t2 f2 g2 da2


1 comment:

  1. Searching for the Best Dating Website? Create an account to find your perfect match.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...