Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

 
The Rift Walker (Vampire Empire, #2)

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Pub­lisher: Penguin Group (USA)
Pages: Mass Market Paperback, 239 pages
Series: Alice
Pub­li­ca­tion date: December 1st 2000


Weary of her storybook, one "without pictures or conversations," the young and imaginitive[sic] Alice follows a hasty hare underground -- to come face-to-face with some of the strangest adventures and most fantastic characters in all of literature. The Ugly Duchess, the Mad Hatter, the weeping Mock Turtle, the diabolical Queen of Hearts, the Cheshire Cat -- each more eccentric than the last -- could only have come from that master of sublime nonsense, Lewis Carroll. In penning this brilliant burlesque of children's literature, this farcical satire of rigid Victorian society, this arresting parody of the fears, anxieties, and complexities of growing up, Carroll was one of the few adult writers to enter successfully the children's world of make-believe, where the impossible becomes possible, the unreal, real, and where the heights of adventure are limited only by the depths of imagination.

I’m really not a big fan of children or children’s minds, dreams and fantasies but Alice in Wonderland was always a concept I admired. A human’s mind is such a complex thing; it helped us reach what we are today, surrounded by technology, art, architecture and whatnot. It’s sad that eventually most of us grow out of this childhood way of thinking. We want to become mature, ignore the silly things we used to like when we were young. We tend to go towards “mature” things that eventually end up transforming us into boring, monotonous creatures that live in a depressing daily routine. I personally respect adults that hold immature minds. They are usually the coolest people you can meet.

I will repeat myself now but I really do love Alice. I watched all the movies and attempted to play a few games related to the story. Unfortunately the games weren’t so great and I had to give them up. I never thought of reading the book though, which is very strange. I guess it happened like the times when you’re looking for an object and you fail to see it even though it’s right in front of you. I actually saw it on Amazon being for free and I said “Holy Crap! I forgot to read this!!!”. Anyways check the link below this (available on my blog only) where it says “Buy it at Amazon” – well now you get it from Amazon right on your Kindle!!! YES!!!
Now I know the classic image that Alice has. Childish, pure, innocent. Well call me sick but I have another image in mind. Check out the classical one:
burton-alice-wonderland-alice-and-ra[1]

I don’t really agree with Mia Wasikowska as Alice but Tim Burton accepted her (I wonder why) so let’s just pretend she’s allright.

And now my version of Alice:
alice__madness_returns_by_0mri-d2us1
Not really my version but the Alice Madness Returns one. I simply love it! I see her as a pretty little girl who has waaay too many issues to keep on living as a sane person. Perfect!
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is a freaky story and I really love freaky stories. You may not think much about it but give it a try. Maybe you’ll love it as much as I did. Oh and btw if you have any recommendations for this type of books do not hesitate to pass them on to me. Thanks!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...