Treasure Island


Enchanted by the idea of locating treasure buried by Captain Flint, Squire Trelawney, Dr. Livesey with the boy, Jim Hawkins, charter a sailing voyage to a Caribbean island. Unfortunately, a large number of Flint's old pirate crew are aboard the ship, including Long John Silver.

image3

book review50

Never trust a pirate.

I really love pirates… even though I try to ignore the fact that they’re dirty, rapists, murderers, alcoholics, thieves… aaah many bad things but still, I like the concept so here I am reading this book. Since it’s summer I tend to go towards these stories. One of my wishes is to become a pirate for a determinate amount of time. I’d love to sail away for a while with Jack Sparrow… I know, who doesn’t love Jack Sparrow? *daydreams*

After reading… and reading… and reading some more I decided that this wasn’t what I expected. I was looking for more adventure and the book was lacking it. I decided to finish it though because it’s a classic and all but I do admit that I made a mistake with this one.

Robert Louis Stevenson just takes the fun out of the story. It had potential and it all went to Hell. So thanks Mr. Stevenson, you did a good job on this one. Oh and seriously if you have trouble falling asleep or anything just grab Treasure Island, it’ll cure your insomnia damn easily.

Insomnia-solution6

Heh I couldn’t help myself and I had to make this advertisement. Hell here I come!

I don’t want to be mean and give it a bad review but the story is mediocre. I know it’s a classic and all and I shouldn’t be expecting comic book action but I can’t help feeling bored with it. Call me names but I can’t give it a good score. It would be a lie. The keyword for this book? Lifeless.

 
Final Score: **

 

Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
Adventure, Classic
June 28th 1905
Author’s Website

Buy it at Amazon


Currently Reading Next Stop
Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #1) Beg For Mercy (Trilogy, #1)The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, #3)Untitled-5

Pay me a visit

t2 f2 g2 da2


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...