Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse #11)


With her knack for being in trouble's way, Sookie witnesses the firebombing of Merlotte's, the bar where she works. Since Sam Merlotte is now known to be two-natured, suspicion falls immediately on the anti-shifters in the area. But Sookie suspects otherwise and she and Sam work together to uncover the culprit - and the twisted motive for the attack. But her attention is divided. Though she can't 'read' vampires, Sookie knows her lover Eric Northman and his 'child' Pam well - and she realises that they are plotting to kill the vampire who is now their master. Gradually, she is drawn into the plot -which is much more complicated than she knows. Caught up in the politics of the vampire world, Sookie will learn that she is as much of a pawn as any ordinary human - and that there is a new Queen on the board . . .

image

book review50

OMG!!! I’ve been waiting for this book for a year and now it’s finally out!!! It was sooooooo worth the wait!!! Such an amazing book!!! It totally made up for the sh*t that was the previous one!!!

Naaaah I’m just kidding. I so much wished I’d say that after reading Dead Reckoning. But guess what? It sucked even more than Dead in the Family. It simply has no purpose of existence.

Charlaine Harris y u no write good anymore

If I could just point out all my problems with this book I’d end up wasting all day writing about it so I’ll just mention the things I think are somewhat relevant. I simply hated it. I’m full of rage because I tried to trick myself into thinking the series will come back to its feet. Nah. The series is dead.

Anyways, here comes my complaining.

Was it just me or did the plot go on vacation to a sunny beach and left the book hanging around our poor shelves as useless as a pile of dirt? Why was this book totally useless for both the series and my poor raped mind? Also, why am I being bothered by Charlaine Harris' writing style? I mean yeah she makes you feel like you’re reading Sookie’s mind but I don’t know. It didn’t appeal to me. Sookie’s mind is too simple for me to like living in there…

I have to admit I started reading this because it’s been sitting on my shelf for a while and True Blood’s running on TV and I’m watching the show and kinda enjoying the season. Seems ok so far. But anyways, I said its time to finally read this. The previous book was a huge pile of sh*t. I really was hoping this one will be different. I can tell the series is going to hell book by book so I was curious to see how many books I have left until I totally give it up. Well guess what? I’m officially giving the series up after Dead Reckoning. So bye bye Sookie Stackhouse, it’s been fun but we must go our separate ways! So leave me the hell alone!!!

Excuse me for not wanting to read about Sookie cleaning her attic and selling her junk to an antique shop. I don’t give a sh*t about non-important characters or don’t know who’s baby or Sookie’s hair getting cut by an emo dude. I want a damn good story. I can’t believe this series ended up like this. I know I’m repeating myself but it’s just cruel. This shouldn’t even be printed out!!!

Sookie is turning out to be very annoying. Now I’m not saying it because she gets turned on by her cousins, or that everyone’s trying either to kill her or f*ck her. I mean isn’t it strange that so many dudes are after Sookie? Does this woman wear a special perfume that gets guys crazy over her? Is it her boobs that, I quote, should win the Miss America Tit Competition (WTF?!?! Nice going Bill)? Or maybe her milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like, it’s better than yours. I got bored with people trying to kill Sookie all the time. All the books are about her escaping God knows who because they want her dead for God knows what reason. I wish this book as about something more original.

Anyway, back to my point. Why is she annoying? Because she has a nice husband and she treats him like sh*t. Eric already has problems and she adds to them by cutting the bond. Why does she have to complicate things? Probably because their relationship is boring. Was it on purpose? Does Charlaine Harris actually plan to end Sookie and Eric’s “marriage”? I would have expected them to be team-mates, work together, be strong together, but what I see is coldness and boredom. I was excited, like everyone, that they hooked up, then shocked that they got married or whatever, and now they’re just normal dudes who do nothing and just occupy pages for the sake of what? Going on with the series even though it’s dead? Is the TV show making Mrs. Harris write the books just to get more money out of sales? Well yeah it’s a good strategy since fans will want inside scoop, but what about the rest of us? What about the people who actually liked the series and were expecting some good books and good stories to be out? Not good enough for the sale numbers maybe? I think the series should have ended with maximum book nine. At least it would have been a decent exit.

Question: are there any good things in this book?

I love Pam, she’s the coolest character in the book and also in the show. I have to mention Jessica also for the show, she’s interesting. Bellenos was great, it was a relief that he didn’t lust after Sookie. And Dermot wasn’t bad also.

That’s it with the good stuff.

As a summary for my reactions after reading the book I will present this rage comic:

dead reckoning

I don’t know why this change in the Sookie Stackhouse series. Either Mrs. Harris got out of ideas, or maybe it’s True Blood messing with it, but nothing good is coming out anymore. I used to be crazy about the series and it’s kinda sad seeing it end up like trash. Oh well, there are better books out there who are actually worth my time.

 

 
Final Score: *

 

Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
Urban Fantasy 
May 28th 2011
Series list

Dead Until Dark (#1)

Living Dead in Dallas (#2)

Club Dead (#3)

Dead to the World (#4)

Dead as a Doornail (#5)

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)

Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2)

Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3)

Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4)

Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5)

         

Definitely Dead (#6)

All Together Dead (#7)

From Dead to Worse (#8)

Dead and Gone (#9)

Dead in the Family (#10)

Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #6)

All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7)

From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse, #8)

Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9)

 
         

Dead Reckoning (#11)

       

Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11)

       

Author’s Website

Buy it at Amazon


Currently Reading Next Stop
Dream Warrior (Dark-Hunter, #17) (Dream-Hunter, #4) Chain Reaction (Perfect Chemistry, #3)Romeo and JulietVisions of Heat (Psy Changelings 2)Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1)

Pay me a visit

t2 f2 g2 da2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...