Nightshade (Nightshade #1)


Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything- including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?

BTW click on the image to view it enlarged! Worth it! ---->

Nightshade

book review50

“Drink. It’s the only thing that can save you.”

And so it begins.

I have to admit that I got so fascinated by the cover that I had to read it. Shameful, I know, but at least I’m not pretending something else. I didn’t read the summary, as usual, so I went blindly into it. In the end I have to say that it was worth it. Nightshade is such a damn great surprise. Loved the book so much and I am already reading the second one. I’m sure I’ll fall in love badly with the series in the end.

In Nightshade we have a view from inside the "cool" circle, after being used to having only creeps peeking from the outside. Most of the stories I’ve read so far (if not all of them especially when thinking about young adult ones) are from the POV of the tiny insignificant human who has a crush on the cool guy who’s actually God knows what creature of the night. In Nightshade the girl who’s the main character is the creature of the night and is pursued by a normal human. This means a nice turn of events and a breath of fresh air for me.

The story evolved decently but some things kind of bothered me. The gig with the wolves having to pair up with whomever the Keepers choose is messed up. It kind of reminds me of how gypsies handle things. And Jane Austen books. Yep! Messed up pretty badly! Living in a society where people are forced to follow codes similar to that wouldn’t be something easy. I mean rape much? Geez...

datingcartoon158

I’m a bit confused about Calla’s feelings. She says she doesn’t wanna do the union with Ren but yet when he touches her she reacts like she’s in heat. Is that her "inner wolf" reacting to him? Or what’s the deal? I feel like her true feelings are with Shay, and it’s obvious they are, but I can’t manage to understand her reaction towards Ren. I guess he’s using pheromones or something…

God Shay is the cutest thing ever. Cuter than a baby kitten. Cuter than a monkey wearing a tux. Cuter than a K-Pop Asian band. Btw why do these guys look so gay? I mean it’s scary for me. Them taking pics with bunny ears. Wearing eye glitter. Being all silky smooth like girls... Eeeeew.

wtf

Anyways, back to the REAL cuteness! Shay! I just feel like hugging him and pinching him and poke him with a stick and snuggle him and poke him some more. They should have dolls made having his face so that babies would smile again. Yes there’s a drastic decrease in babies smiles nowadays and Shay should do something about it.

Warning! Spoiler below! CTRL + A to read!

Why did I get the feel that Calla changing Shay into a wolf wasn’t dramatic enough? Yeah he felt pain and all but I dunno... It’s a big step so I expected more magic.

Nightshade ended up pretty roughly. Don’t get me wrong it actually had an awesome ending but if the second book wouldn’t be out I’d probably end up punching someone in the face. So lucky me I could get my hands on it. And from the looks of things it’s gonna be (hopefully) as good as the first. Fingers crossed everyone!

 

Top 5 quotes

#5 “And you look beautiful,” she added.
“I look like a cake.”
“But a beautiful cake.”

#4 “It would be much better if I had a rose between my teeth. Wouldn’t I be dashing?”
I started to giggle. “That would be ridiculous.”
“Ridiculously dashing.”

#3 He glanced at me and winked. I glared at him.
If you wink at me again, I’ll be forced to pull your eyelashes out.

#2 “Congratulations on your first kill. Your mother and I are very proud.”

#1 He blinked at me. Then he slowly stretched out his hand, taking a few steps forward. He bent down. When I realized what he was about to do, I snarled, snapping at his fingers. He jumped back and swore. I shifted into human form.
“You’re like a dead man walking.” I pointed an accusing finger at him. “Don’t ever, ever try to pet a wolf. It’s just insulting.”

 
Final Score: *****

fav

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
Young Adult, Paranormal 
October 19th 2010
Series list

Nightshade (#1)

Wolfsbane (#2)

Bloodrose (#3)

 

Nightshade (Nightshade, #1)

Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2)

Bloodrose (Nightshade #3)

   

Author’s Website

Buy it at Amazon


Currently Reading Next Stop

Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2)

The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, #3)Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11)Visions of Heat (Psy Changelings 2)Dream Warrior (Dark-Hunter, #17) (Dream-Hunter, #4)

Pay me a visit

t2 f2 g2 da2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...