Blood Bound (Unbound #1)


By blood, by word, by magic…

Most can't touch the power. But Liv Warren is special— a paranormal tracker who follows the scent of blood.

Liv makes her own rules, and the most important one is trust no one.

But when her friend's daughter goes missing, Liv has no choice but to find the girl. Thanks to a childhood oath, Liv can't rest until the child is home safe. But that means trusting Cam Caballero, the former lover forbidden to her.

Bound by oath and lost in desire for a man she cannot have, Liv is racing to save the child from a dark criminal underworld where secrets, lies, trauma and danger lurk around every corner…every touch…every kiss.

And more blood will be spilled before it's over…

image

YES!!! I’m done!!!!

funny-gifs-dr-house-music-dance

I can’t believe how difficult it was for me to finish this!

Looking at all the good reviews this book has made me wonder why on earth I didn’t like it. Since I don’t want to be unfair or moody (or God knows what’s wrong with me these days) I said I’ll take a piece of paper and a pen, draw two columns, one with the things I liked and one with the things I didn’t like. So I did just that and placed my likes and dislikes there, drew the final line and compared results. Since I’m a nice girl I will share those results with you.

Things I didn’t like:

- Liv is annoying.

- Cam’s POV ruins the "guess the dude’s feelings for the chick" game.

- The book tends to go towards marriage counseling and not action packed adventure.

- The desperate look Cam has each time he lays eyes on Liv.

- For an unknown reason it got me sleepy each time I was trying to read it. My total fell-asleep-while-reading-this number ended up being four. Seriously is this normal??? Do you remember Tom (Tom & Jerry) not wanting to fall asleep and using matches to keep his eyelids up? I’m going to try to fetch and image if I can find one.

sleepy time tom edited

(lucky me, I did!)

That’s exactly what I’m doing right now. My eyes are betraying me!

there's magic in this book

- I’m not a fan of the story. I didn’t like it.

- Switching between the characters’ POV got confusing at times.

- Too predictable.

Things I liked:

- Cam was a nice hero. Not the best but ok.

- Interesting concept. Who needs chips when you can rack a person by blood.

Omg, right? Those are the things I liked… Not cool.

Close to the end I was stuck between giving it one star or two stars. So I said if I solve the "who’s the father" puzzle I’ll give it one star. If I don’t I’ll give it two stars.

Check the rating.

I’m that good.

 
Final Score: *

 


Currently Reading Next Stop
Fancy Pants Dark Awakening (Dark Dynasties #1)FallenBlood of the Maple (Maggie's Grove, #1)The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...