Bloodlines (Bloodlines #1)


BLOOD DOESN'T LIE. Sydney is an alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of human and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives. When Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, at first she thinks she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. But what unfolds is far worse. Jill Dragomir - the sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir - is in mortal danger, and the Moroi must send her into hiding. To avoid a civil war, Sydney is called upon to act as Jill's guardian and protector, posing as her roommate in the last place anyone would think to look for vampire royalty - a human boarding school in Palm Springs, California. But instead of finding safety at Amberwood Prep, Sydney discovers the drama is only just beginning...

image

Caution: a lot of bitchiness will be used in this review. Fangirls beware!

I have to admit that I didn’t start this with a smile on my face. My first thought when I saw this spinoff start was “But why?"

I have a problem with authors (and not only) milking their products too much. That was exactly my impression when I saw this book. But then I said “Hey, maybe I’m wrong. Maybe this will be the start of something beautiful.” Broken dreams…

“A picture is worth a thousand words”

This is why my review will consist of more images than text. What better means to express my wonderful feelings for this book? Yeeii!!!!

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

ginger-head-desk

129171281783574315

happyandmad

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-its-party-time

Let’s make a summary now, shall we?

  • I’m sorry was this supposed to be a book or the diary of a boring kid? Gah, stupid story! It was plain old boring!
  • Sydney could never be another Rose and Bloodlines will never be another Vampire Academy. I thought this spinoff was useless when I first saw it and I know now that I was right.
  • They took the most boring characters, minus Adrian of course, and placed them all together. The poor dude can’t make the book good now, can he?
  • I’m not going to give the book a good score just because Adrian is in it.
  • A total waste of time! I’m so not continuing this series…

 
Final Score: *

 


Currently Reading Next Stop
Silver Borne (Mercedes Thompson, #5) The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High AdventureBurn Bright (Night Creatures, #1)The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection From the Living Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...