Fallen


As chaos descends on a crippled Earth, survivors are tormented by strange psychic gifts. In this time of apocalyptic despair, love is put to the test. One woman with mysterious healing power guides seven children to safety. Charismatic Arthur offers her a haven. Slowly Emma falls for him. But at the moment of their sweetest love, his devastating secret is revealed, and they are lost to each other.

image

This book started out with an interesting concept: the end of the world, survival of the fittest. I’m actually fascinated by a human’s limits of endurance and the idea of people mutating and developing different powers was really well developed. Evolution is something captivating and Traci L. Slatton managed to create an awe-inspiring universe using these elements.

Fallen made me appreciate things on a different level. I sit now and think of how I’d manage an apocalypse in my life and see how unprepared I’d be. I guess survival of the fittest will set its toll in the end.

Beside the great story and emotional moments we have a multitude of interesting characters. I’m not such a big fan of Emma though. Sure she’s having a tough time coping with disaster and I have to admit that I actually admire the strength she proves but she tends to be bitchy and controlling. I’m sure anyone in that position would be similar to her or worse so I won’t judge her.

Arthur and Emma’s relationship is sweet; I like the familiarity of it. I feel like I share their feelings because I was with them on their journey since square one. Arthur is actually my favorite character. I guess I have a soft spot for alphas.

I’m an action junkie and this book is pretty passive, especially in the beginning. This will explain why I won’t give it a perfect score.

The ending was very good and it greatly intensified my curiosity to know what happens next. I’m looking forward to the next book in this series.

 
Final Score: ****

 


Currently Reading Next Stop
Ashfall (Ashfall, #1) Frost Moon (Skindancer, #1)Blood Rock (Skindancer, #2)The Demon LoverThe Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection From the Living Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...