Green-Eyed Demon (Sabina Kane #3)


Things to do:

1. Rescue sister.

2. Murder grandmother.

3. Don't upset the voodoo priestess.

The clock is ticking for Sabina Kane. Her sister has been kidnapped by her grandmother, the Dark Races are on the brink of war, and a mysterious order is manipulating everyone behind the scenes.

Working on information provided by an unlikely ally, Sabina and her trusty sidekicks--a sexy mage named Adam Lazarus and Giguhl, a Mischief demon--head to New Orleans to begin the hunt for her sister. Once there, they must contend with belligerent werewolves, magic-wielding vampires and--perhaps most frightening of all--humans.

image

Mrs. Wells please let me shake your hand. Thank you.

I am so surprised by Green-Eyed Demon. When I finished the previous book I was thinking of reading this just for the sake of knowing how it will end. Or evolve since there are two more books coming out. And then I started reading having a bored face and cringing a bit when thinking that I’ll get to taste some more of Sabina’s “sexy” attitude.

And then this happened:

wtf-photos-videos-so-happy

Nah I’m kidding, don’t worry. There was no creepy Japanese person rubbing a bunny against his face in the book. At least as far as I remember.

Actually this is what happened:

mindblownp1

Yep! It was awesome!

My question to Sabina right now would be: “Who are you and what have you done with Sabina?” She is a totally different person. Probably if she’d be more perfect than this I’d say Jaye Wells actually did a reboot on her. Maybe she did but not 100%. Of course she still has some attitude issues but at least she’s acting like a heroine now. And an actual person/trampire. I have to admit that the change was rather sudden but it worked wonders for the book.

We also had a nice amount of Adam in the mixture. The lovebirds had way better chemistry this time. Too bad Sabina is manlier than him. We also had lots of new interesting characters. Some I liked more than others. Giguhl was still meh. I lost my hope of him getting out of this annoying phase.

I probably shouldn’t have been offended that a zombie just shooed off an opportunity to eat my brains, but I had to admit it stung.

Heh! Loved that quote. One extra star for the zombies. What? I have a weak spot for them.

Damn, Jaye Wells surpassed herself *grabs tissue and blows nose* What? I just got something in my eye.

 
Final Score: *****

fav


Currently Reading Next Stop
Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4) BloodlinesEnvy (The Fallen Angels, #3)The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High AdventureBloody Bones (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter, #5)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I was debating on whether or not to read this one. Now I will.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...