Kiss of Crimson (Midnight Breed #2)

 
The Rift Walker (Vampire Empire, #2)

Kiss of Crimson by Lara Adrian
Pub­lisher: Dell
Pages: Mass Market Paperback, 387 pages
Series: Midnight Breed
Pub­li­ca­tion date: May 29th 2007


He comes to her more dead than alive, a towering black-clad stranger riddled with bullets and rapidly losing blood. As she struggles to save him, veterinarian Tess Culver is unaware that the man calling himself Dante is no man at all, but one of the Breed, vampire warriors engaged in a desperate battle. In a single erotically charged moment Tess is plunged into his world—a shifting, shadowed place where bands of Rogue vampires stalk the night, cutting a swath of terror.

Haunted by visions of a dark future, Dante lives and fights like there is no tomorrow. Tess is a complication he does not need—but now, with his brethren under attack, he must shield Tess from a growing threat that includes Dante himself. For with one reckless, irresistible kiss, she has become an inextricable part of his underworld realm…and his touch awakens her to hidden gifts, desires, and hungers she never knew she possessed. Bonded by blood, Dante and Tess must work together to thwart deadly enemies, even as they discover a passion that transcends the boundaries of life itself….

a92100e5-ee4e-4835-8612-e587752a8a55

AAAAAAAAAAA my ears!! They bleed!!!

I seriously don't recommend this audiobook. The story - meh. The lady talking - meeeh! Her "Italian" accent cracked me up. The result? MEH! Me don't likey. At all! It's tooo close to BDB. I thought maybe this one will change a bit but I was wrong.

I've been listening to the audiobook while working. My first audiobook *yei* Not so bad I guess (if you ignore the sexy lady talking). It’s easier to be distracted while listening to this. Better to cope with the bullsh*t story. *ahem*

I'm not in the mood for PNR lately. I want a book that offers a deeper story and a bit more of a tease when it comes to the relationship between the main characters. Midnight Breed is a mediocre series. I try so hard but can’t get myself to like it. I’ve read worse books of course and this probably isn’t the worst in the genre but *British accent* not my cup of tea! Maybe it gets better later on but I don't have the patience to read all 10 books in order to get something good. I'll probably (big probably there my friends) give the next book a try later one when my mood improves.

Sooooo… One star. Sorry Dante, love the name but that doesn’t make up for anything.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...