Any Empire


Any EmpireAny Empire by Nate Powell
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I don't know what I had in mind when I requested Any Empire. That it would be a cruel but yet funny comic book? That it would be about some kids having the adventure of their lives? Maybe. Nevertheless, I have to tell you that I'm awfully disappointed.

The look of the book is amazing; the art is beautiful and the inking is very well done. My problem doesn't lie here though. It's the story that made me not enjoy reading the novel. It's cruel and very strange. I reached a point when I was simply scrolling and looking at the images just for the sake of completing it.

I don't know who I would recommend this graphic novel to. I sincerely have no idea. If you're curious though, you can give it a try. Who knows, maybe you'll like it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...