Croak (Croak #1)

 
The Rift Walker (Vampire Empire, #2)

Croak by Gina Damico
Pub­lisher: Graphia/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Pages: Paperback, 311 pages
Series: Croak
Pub­li­ca­tion date: March 1st 2012


Fed up with her wild behavior, sixteen-year-old Lex's parents ship her off to upstate New York to live with her Uncle Mort for the summer, hoping that a few months of dirty farm work will whip her back into shape. But Uncle Mort's true occupation is much dirtier than shoveling manure. He's a Grim Reaper. And he's going to teach Lex the family business. She quickly assimilates into the peculiar world of Croak, a town populated by reapers who deliver souls from this life to the next. But Lex can't stop her desire for justice--or is it vengeance?--whenever she encounters a murder victim, craving to stop the attackers before they can strike again. Will she ditch Croak and go rogue with her reaper skills?

I knew it! I knew this book will be awesome! You hear me evil guy who lives in my head and makes me choose shitty books?? DO-YOU-HEAR-ME???

Instead of behaving like a brainless fangirl and squeal my ass off with useless words/sounds like ZOMG BFRRRR AAAA GAAAHHHH and ZIIING I chose to make a list of things that I loved about Croak. Fair enough? I’m trying my best here so cut me some slack.

Ok so, let’s begin.

But no, first I have to mention that the order has no special meaning. So you can stop psychoanalyzing me. Thank you.

So, first stop we have the cover. It bedazzled me since I laid my eyes on its perfection and it is one of the main reasons I got the book in the first place. This and the cool title.

Then we have death, Grimm Reapers, scythes, cool hoodies, a rocker uncle, a giant Titanic poster, jellyfish, dead writers, a tremendously hot one eye blue the other one brown piece of eye candy and a self-destructive brat that I loved since page one.

The final and most important aspect that I loved: the humor. It’s delicious! This book made me lol in public, people were staring, and I was not caring. Fun fun fun!

Did I make you think of Friday? Did I? Huh?? Did I?



P.S. Did I mention that I want an adult urban fantasy with this theme? Waiter! More guns, foul words, carnage and sex please!

P.P.S. If I were to paste all the quotes I love I’d spoil the entire book. Yes, they’re that many!

Click to view Spoiler

Click to view Spoiler

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...