Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels #3)

 
The Rift Walker (Vampire Empire, #2)

Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews
Pub­lisher: Ace
Pages: Mass Market Paperback, 1st Edition, 310 pages
Series: Kate Daniels
Pub­li­ca­tion date: March 31st 2009


Drafted to work for the Order of Knights of Merciful Aid, mercenary Kate Daniels has more paranormal problems these days than she knows what to do with. And in Atlanta, where magic comes and goes like the tide, that's saying a lot.

But when Kate's werewolf friend Derek is discovered nearly dead, she must confront her greatest challenge yet. As her investigation leads her to the Midnight Games- an invitation only, no-holds-barred, ultimate preternatural fighting tournament- she and Curran, the Beast Lord, uncover a dark plot that may forever alter the face of Atlanta's shapeshifting community.

This, my dear, has been another thrilling book from the Kate Daniels series. As I was expecting, it kicked ass. I loved every jiffy of it and, as it always happens with the books I love, I have no idea what to write in my review. Everything I type ends up retarded, boring, daft and not good enough to show the size of the awesomeness that is Magic Strikes. So I will keep it simple as a chicken’s rear end.











But I’ll be a bit serious now. It’s the little things that make me love this series. Raphael’s gift for Andrea, discovering Kate’s heritage, the dialogues, the jokes, the emotional moments, the times when I feel like crying, the times when I feel joy, the times when I want to read more but the clock says 4 AM and I have to go sleep but I can’t because I want to find out more!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...