The Rift Walker (Vampire Empire #2)

   
The Rift Walker (Vampire Empire, #2)

Princess Adele struggles with a life of marriage and obligation as her Equatorian Empire and their American Republic allies stand on the brink of war against the vampire clans of the north. However, the alliance's horrific strategy for total victory drives Adele to abandon her duty and embark on a desperate quest to keep her nation from staining its hands with genocide. Reunited with her great love, the mysterious adventurer known to the world as the Greyfriar, Adele is pursued by her own people as well as her vengeful husband, senator Clark. With the human alliance in disarrray, Prince Cesare, lord of the British vampire clan, seizes the initiative and strikes at the very heart of Equatoria.

As Adele labors to bring order to her world, she learns more about the strange powers she exhibited in the north. Her teacher, Mamoru, leads a secret cabal of geomancers who believe Adele is the one who can touch the vast power of the Earth that surges through ley lines and wells up at the rifts where the lines meet. These energies are the key to defeating the enemy of mankind, and if Princess Adele could ever bring this power under her command, she could be death to vampires. But such a victory will also cost the life of Adele's beloved Greyfriar.

The Rift Walkeris the second book in a trilogy of high adventure and alternative history. Combining rousing pulp action with steampunk style, the Vampire Empire series brings epic politcal themes to life within a story of heartbreaking romance, sacrifice, and heroism.

 

The Rift Walker by Clay Griffith
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Rift Walker Y U HAVE TO END???

And ugh the next book is coming out in September! And it has a cover! And it seems amazing! And it’s the final book in the series!!!

Ugh so much pressure!! How am I supposed to handle all this?



Breathe Anzu, breathe. All will be well!!!

Oh gosh I love this series! I guess this gives me an excuse to act like a mindless fangirl. Or mostly swoon over Gareth, cheer for Adele and yell at Cesare and Flay.

Yep, that’s what happened throughout the book. This and wiping tears from my eyes because of all those sweet emotional moments between Gareth and Adele.

Favorite book couple ever!!

Oh, and Colonel Anhalt is added to my favorite characters list as well. The problem is that I keep on reading his name as Colonel Asshat. So that’s what he is for me now. Asshat. Sorry bro, you had it coming.



But he sure is an amazing character. I admire him so much and I’m happy that he’s on the Greyfriar’s side.

Another thing that I love about this series is the take on vampires. Vampires in this world are gruesome creatures. They are monsters; their cruelty does not know limits. Even Gareth is no different than the rest of his people. The scene where he slaughtered and fed on the men who attacked them in the temple was frightening. But I loved it because it shows their true nature. They are not pampered rich creatures that hunt for sex and feed off stored blood. They don’t get smitten and turn into domesticated pets. They are wild, they kill, they plot and they conquer. Humans are mere cattle for them.


As he walked away from her, Adele took guilty pleasure in the fact that he was once again the man she knew, despite the heavy price.


And Adele understands this perfectly. Only a powerful woman could face a partner such as Gareth. This is why I think that all those spoiled and weak heroines who fall in love with so called vampires are a bunch of trash. A frightened little girl could never understand the depth of such a relationship. Their mind could never process such a thing. They would probably be in shock, then clank up and the story would end there.



You probably got who I’m talking about. If not, the previous image should make it clear enough.

I actually live in Alexandria myself and I wish I could witness Adele leading the kingdom (of course it will be a kingdom) with Greyfriar by her side. That would totally make my day.

Hell, that would totally make my life!

I can’t wait to get my hands on The Kingmakers!!

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...