Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy #1)

   
Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)

Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?

I walked right into this one. I admit it and I know it’s my fault, and I probably deserve what I got. However, that doesn’t mean it makes it less painful.

Sweet Evil is the most idiotic book I’ve read this year. And I mean it. I totally mean it. I could tell I was going to regret getting it since page one.

Running had become my new pastime five weeks ago, after I’d read how my body is the “temple of my soul.” Healthy temple: check.

Wha??

Ok, it’s not THAT bad but I still had a feeling deep down my heart. It was telling me ”Put the book down and walk away.” As you can tell I chose to ignore it.

Aaanyways, lemme tell you what Sweet Evil is all about. So we have this girl Anna. She is goodness personified. An angel. The perfect girl, pure, sweet hearted, kind, shy, invisible, smart, always does her homework, reminds the teacher that she forgot to check the class’ homework, fucking retarded twit. Yes, she is retarded because I sure can’t figure out how a person can behave the way she does. Higgins wanted to create the perfect sweet little heroine. She failed miserably. Why? Because she made her too perfect to the point that she is not perfect AT ALL. Am I making sense?

And yes she does see herself ugly but in reality she is so hot that all the boys from their school want to bang her.



So we have Saint Anna who is a misunderstood little hipster. She has her Bella Swan mood going on, she’s anti-partying, anti-drinking, anti-drugs (even though she practically drools over alcohol and drugs – but that’s her little secret, shhhh), whatever evil thing you may imagine – she’s against it. Did I mention she’s a virgin?

But oh no, she’s far from perfect. I mean she has a freckle!!! At the end of her upper lip!!! And people STARE at it when she talks!!! Ugh eeewww that’s so disgusting!!!!

Oh yes, this makes her a more believable character. SHE HAS FLAWS!!!

“They only think they like me because they don’t know me,” I said.

They don’t know me, no one knows me cuz I’m all deep and stuff.



Yeah, so Saint Anna is a special kind of bird. She has this mood-ring thing going on. You remember those little things? The mood rings? You put it on and it changes color. And you look at a little chart that tells you what that color says about your current mood. It’s actually a fun thing even though it doesn’t really work. I wish it did though. Anyhow, Anna is a big flat chested mood ring. She sees people’s emotions through the colors they are emitting. And she has a superhero olfactory sense.

Being able to hear and see and smell everything within a one-mile radius was major sensory overload.

Then can you sense how overly stinky this book is? Can you Saint Anna???

All is normal and boring in Saint Anna’s life until she goes at a concert and lays her innocent eyes on a devilish drummer. This vile creature breaks the poor girl’s circuits and turns her into a vixen. Oh my!

“That guy, the drummer? Get this. He’s a killer musician, he gets tons of chicks, his dad’s loaded, and as if that wasn’t enough, he’s got a friggin’ English accent!”

Yep, another mysterious handsome rich British-accented teenager. Very original if I do say so myself.

Why do they all British accents again? Because they’re smexy? And the funny thing is that mostly American authors feel the need to specify that the hottie has a British accent. That adds to their sexiness. I agree that the accent is special but I’m not falling for it anymore because the idea is being overused. Not fun anymore people so move on!

So this dude Kaidan, as you can already tell, is another perfect being. Everyone seems to be perfect in this book. Except for her mum, but I’ll get back to that later. So he seems perfect from every way. Wrong. He is actually a stuck up asshole. A big fat loser. And har-di-har-har he’s a demon that feeds on sex.



I’ve read many books where demons were actually behaving like the mischievous creatures that they are. They don’t even compare to this guy. Teenage visions of hotties. You suck. Except for Daughter of Smoke and Bone’s Akiva. He’s a piece of art.

[about his name] Kai, like Thai, only yummier. Gah! Who was this girl invading my brain?
No, I’m pretty sure that’s the real you. A fucking idiot.
Good gracious, he was sexy—a word that had not existed in my personal vocabulary until that moment.

Right? It makes you wonder how Higgins sees teenagers, does it not.

The purity!! It BUUUUUUUUURNS!!!

I tried to focus on his words and not his luxuriously accented voice, which made everything sound lovely.

Gosh, his eyes were gorgeous—the color of tropical honeymoon waters ringed in dark sapphire and enclosed by thick lashes.

Tropical honeymoon waters you say. Honeymoon. Sex. She’s such a vixen right now.

Oh and by the way he is special too. I forgot to mention this earlier. He has the same mood-ring color bullshit going on as our sweet little Saint Anna. Or at least something similar to that. Useless details that I don’t give a shit about.

Back to the story. So Kaidan is probably there (I’m not 100% sure about this since I dropped the book around 40% of the way) to guide her towards their people, since they have the same traits and all.

Predictability dangerously close to 80%.

“Then what am I?” I asked with apprehension.
“Your parents were angels.”




Oh, you’re not joking about that? You’re actually serious?

Why am I not surprised? Why oh why dear heavens?

DANGER! Predictability has reached 100%. Prepare to abort mission.

And the thing is Patti (her mum) knows about Kaidan being a sexual deviant. She’s not her real mum though, our dearest virgin is adopted. But first thing first, a short introduction for Saint Anna’s mum.

OVERPROTECTIVE

/end of introduction

So Saint Anna wants to go meet her real dad who is a bad angel of sorts in order to bla bla bla nothing important. And her mum’s too busy to take a day off (???) so she sends her virgin daughter with Kaidan. On a road trip. The two teenagers alone. For a couple of days. And she comes up with the idea herself.



You’re sending your daughter with a demon and you think she’ll be safe. You go crazy over a party that Saint Anna wanted to attend. You called the parents to make sure the kids will be supervised and all. We wouldn’t want some random jock choke on a glass of beer now, would we? And now the Virgin Anna wants to go out of town with the hottest dude on the planet that happens to be a demon. And you’re ok with it.

That’s great parenting Patti, you should write a book about it.

Eventually they go on the trip and poor Saint Anna is trying her best to avoid being seduced by the sexy Kaidan. She rents one room for both of them, stalks him, kisses him, sees him buck naked the morning after. Next thing you know she’ll be wiggling her ass in front of him and will wonder ”Am I giving the wrong signal?”. Well pumpkin it depends on what kind of signal you’re referring to. You’re currently stuck on the bang me one.



Oh dear lord the cheesiness! It feeds on your brain cells like a drunken leprechaun feeds on four leaf clovers.



A short conclusion?

Saint Anna is a fucking idiot, she tries her best to act smart but she fails miserably. Kaidan is the hottest guy on the planet and we keep on getting reminders of that on every page of the book. Patti is the most retarded parent you could ever meet. Predictable. Bullshit. Idiotic. Cheesy. Unoriginal. Boring. Dropped.

View all my reviews

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I just finished reading this book, and I totally get what you're saying! I didn't hate it as much as you did, but the way you describe everything... HILARIOUS! Love this review!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...