Dragon Age: The Silent Grove (Dragon Age Graphic Novels #1)

   
Dragon Age: The Silent Grove

Available in print for the first time, Dragon Age: The Silent Grove is the perfect introduction to BioWare's dark fantasy universe In this essential, canonical story from David Gaider, lead writer of the games, King Alistair, accompanied only by rogues Isabela and Varric, embarks on a quest deep inside the borders of Antiva - a nation of assassins Together, they will encounter a prison break, dragons, the mysterious Witch of the Wilds, and one of the greatest secrets in the history of the world.

 

Ohkay. Dragon Age: The Silent Grove. Another video game inspired graphic novel. I can’t say that I hate the idea of reading more about a game I enjoyed playing but most of the time the stories end up disappointing me.

In Dragon Age: The Silent Grove we follow the footsteps of Alistair who is to become King of Ferelden. Alistair used to be my love interest in the game (yes, I was desperate) so it’s funny to see him being all badass when, in truth, he’s just a little insecure man. I never liked his character, to tell you the truth. And having the story revolve around him… well, you can imagine. Not impressed.

I had some technical, if you can call them that, problems. Because of the images having a small resolution, the text is very difficult to read. Zooming in is a nightmare. I always have this type of problems when it comes to graphic novel ARCs and because of this I’m actually thinking of giving up the process of requesting and reviewing ARC graphic novels.


ARC courtesy of Dark Horse Comics via NetGalley

View all my reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...